- Click here for the latest in Light Boston news.
- Take a look at how Pittsburgh, London, and New York City are lighting their cities.
Light Boston, Inc. is a not-for-profit, citizens’ advocacy group, whose goal is to enhance Boston’s urban environment by advocating for appropriate exterior lighting. The City of Boston is rich with architecturally and historically significant public and private buildings, numerous monuments and parks, and lively streetscapes. However, many parts of the City lack proper illumination at night.
Our goals are to:
- Advocate – Working with the City and private funders to encourage illumination projects.
- Educate – Providing educational seminars for public and private organizations on the use of aesthetically-pleasing and environmentally-conscious lighting technologies.
- Illuminate – Working with the private organizations to help design enhanced lighting of their properties.
Light Boston is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation, supported by private contributions and project-specific public support. Please visit our Donation page to help support our efforts.